So, you’ve heard how radiofrequency microneedling can breathe life into your skin, and you’re now about to finish doing your due diligence before making up your mind to schedule an appointment for it.
As with any other cosmetic procedure, it is imperative that you follow the microneedling aftercare instructions your aesthetic physician will provide you with to a tee. This can make a big difference in the results you see after the healing period has passed as well as helps ensure you fully reap the benefits of the procedure. If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to discuss them with the doctor beforehand.
Below are the things you should and shouldn’t do for the first 72 hours after your radiofrequency microneedling procedure.
Do’s After a Microneedling
- Apply the antibiotic ointment as recommended by your doctor. This is essential for preventing infection, which can complicate your recovery.
- If you must wear makeup, wait until 24 hours after treatment, and use only mineral, non-comedogenic makeup. Also, make sure your makeup applicator is clean to prevent introducing bacteria into your skin.
- Sleep on your back and keep your head elevated to reduce pain and swelling.
- Be on the lookout for signs of complications, such as headaches, fever, nausea, hives, a yellow or green discharge, and bleeding. If you notice any of these, contact your doctor right away.
- When washing your face, use only lukewarm water and a gentle cleanser.
Don’ts After a Microneedling
- Avoid too much sun exposure, as this can cause hyperpigmentation. Wear sunscreen religiously for the first two weeks. Reapply sunscreen every two hours, and choose one with a SPF of 30 or higher.
- Avoid hot showers, saunas. and jacuzzis, as these can also increase your risk for hyperpigmentation.
- Do not exercise. You want to avoid sweating, which may irritate your skin and leave it susceptible to bacterial infection.
- Do not take any anti-inflammatory medications for a week, as the inflammatory process is important for healing. If you are taking anti-inflammatories for a certain medical condition, make sure to discuss this with your doctor.
- Do not apply ice to your face to ease the swelling, as such may also interfere with the natural inflammatory process
Radiofrequency Microneedling Expert in Sarasota, FL
If you’re looking for a reputable aesthetic clinic in Sarasota, Florida, visit us here at SA Aesthetics. Our team is led by Dr. Susan Aull, a board-certified physical medicine and rehabilitation physician who also has extensive training in microneedling and other natural methods of skin rejuvenation.
You can trust us to provide you with all the guidance you need from your initial consultation all the way through your recovery. Once we schedule your appointment, we will give you a detailed set of pre-and post-treatment instructions to ensure your comfort, safety, and the overall success of your procedure.
To find out if microneedling is right for you, schedule a consultation with Dr. Aull today. Call our staff at (941) 487-7244 or use our convenient online request form. We look forward to helping you achieve beautiful skin, which you love to be in!